Sunday 2 August 2015

London Prudential 100; 160km;

It has become like an annual ritual, getting up at 3 a.m., riding out to the Olympic Park, which is already 30km in darkest night, signing on at 5.00 and start at 6.00 am. all done and dusted just after 10.00 am, back home for lunch, heading back out to Richmond Park to glimpse the Pros wizzing past at 3 p.m.

Arriving fairly late I joined the rear of my startpen. From the off as expected hight speed, although not as mental as in previous years. By the time we got on the A4 I was amongst the front of the ride and stayed there for the entire race. Did quite a bit of work throughout, got into each climb at the front in order to be able to afford losing positions on the climb, hence never lost contact. The finale was thrilling. Got 4th over the line and 23rd best time in 4:01:26.
Not quite what I aimed for but given my current state a satisfactory result.

Average power just over 200w, NP 256w, best 5mins around 365w