Tuesday 30 June 2020

Birthday 2020 ride up to Kuehtai and Haiminger Berg

I have made it a tradition to take a day holiday on my birthday, every year for the past 20 years, maybe even more. Going for a memorable ride on a day like this, especially when the weather plays ball, is a real gift. I wanted Reiko and Kenzo to be part of at least some part of that day. So we drove to Innsbruck, they went to explore the city whilst I was wrecking myself up Kuehtai and Haiminger Berg (where Emu did his Everesting a few weeks earlier). Not many km but 3900 m elevation accumulated over just 2 climbs. Back in Innsbruck we still had good fun celebrating over dinner, before driving back home.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3693596301








The ride up from Innsbruck was scenic already.









































Haiminger Berg











 Valley with River Inn













Kuehtai















Birthday gift from my dear team at Lilium, I could have used those extra gears on the climbs today :-)