Sunday 21 August 2022

One of those days one will never forget

Tripio Stelvio 

There are not many climbs that have sparked my imagination as much as the Passo-Stelvio.  Previously. I had climbed it from Bormio and from Prad, once even from both sides in the same ride, but I had not done it from the Swiss side, yet. So, this was the day to do all three sides, including my premiere on Umbrail, in a single ride. All three, this be mentioned here, all the way up to the top, resulting in more than 5,200m of elevation. This may well have been the most memorable ride I have ever done. 
 "Stelvio from all three sides, from Prad, from st. Maria (UMBRAIL pass) and from Bormio. Impressed by the beauty of UMBRAIL. Final prep for ÖRM next Sunday, but this today had twice as many elevation meters per distance km".