Sunday 6 September 2015

London Dynamo Clubchamps, Hillingdon

Yes right, after the Barcombe race I got into the car and straight out to Hillingdon. There was a 2hour window for recovery, not much but hey I didnt go there to win, just to be part of it this year. It always so cool, a race with 50riders in same outfit...
The legs didnt feel too bad, good enough for chasing down Ian's attacks, shouting at the young guys to keep the tempo high and riding off the front twice myself. Infact the E1/2 had a difficult time to bring down their 90sec handicap. At some point though I realised it would be better to make sure a NatB rider wins rather than one of the cat 3/4 riders who hardly ever race. So, about 15 laps before the end I stopped pushing the group and awaited my team to roll up to us. Which they did. Jamie, our youngest NatB team rider took his heart in his legs with 3 laps to go and chased a lone breakaway rider who was hovering 15sec ahead of us. He overrollt him and stuck out at the front for the final lap, while I ensured the rest of the group doesnt chase him down. It was enjoyable racing and I was pleased to see a young talented man taking the win.

solo attack for about 2 laps


but then brought back